The customer: A leading therapeutics company in immuno-oncology
A leading therapeutics company in immuno-oncology was running their research data of more than 2 TB in on-premise setup and were facing multiple challenges when performing tests and other application validations, due to constraints on scaling and performance validation.
Google Kubernetes Platform (GKE) helped Customers in their digital transformation journey with a highly efficient and cost-effective solution. A complete re-architecture of their current setup running in on-premise standalone virtual machines was planned with advanced technologies like Managed Kubernetes. Jenkins was implemented for the CI/CD pipeline for making sure integration of individual jobs, easier code deployment to production and effortless auditing of logs. Auto-Scaling was flawless and handling large data was much easier.
- Number of VM’s – 180+
- Number of applications migrated – 25+
- Approximate size of DB – 2TB
- Migration of all the containerized images to managed GKE on Google Cloud helped achieve high availability and scaling.
- The customer was able to manage their complete application lifecycle and build lifecycle as a code; it additionally helped to meet required security compliances.
Tools and services used:
- Tools used – Istio, Jenkins, MySQL, Clam AV, Elasticsearch &GitHub
- Google services used – Compute Engine, Container Build, Google Kubernetes Engine, Container Registry, Cloud SQL, Stack Driver, Cloud Identity & Access Management, Cloud VPN, Cloud DNS, Cloud Load Balancing
Google Cloud Platform