The Customer: India’s leading investment startup
Currently, their environment has been provisioned in an unstructured way on a single project and all users from the technology team have access/visibility to both Stage/Prod environments and the complete infrastructure is running on standalone VMs and scaling was very cumbersome. Maintaining different services like RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch was complex.
Google Kubernetes Platform (GKE) helped customers in their digital transformation journey with a highly efficient and cost-effective solution. A complete re-architecture of their current setup running on standalone virtual machines was planned with advanced technologies like Managed Kubernetes. Jenkins was implemented for the CI/CD pipeline for making sure integration of individual jobs, easier code deployment to production and effortless auditing of logs.
- Number of VM’s – 180+
- Number of applications migrated – 25+
- Approximate size of DB – 2TB
- Migration of all the containerized images to Managed GKE in Google Cloud helped to achieve high availability, scaling and increased in performance by 100%
- The customer is able to manage their complete application lifecycle and build lifecycle as a code; it additionally helped to meet required security compliance.
Tools and technologies used:
- Tools used – Bitbucket, Jenkins, MongoDB, influxDB, cloud MySQL, Percona, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch and Kubernetes.
- Google services used – Compute Engine, Container Build, Google Kubernetes Engine, Container Registry, Cloud SQL, Stack Driver, Cloud Identity & Access Management, Cloud VPN, Cloud DNS, Cloud Load Balancing.
Google Cloud Platform