Customer: Amaara Vectors Private Limited
Amaara Vectors Private Limited has its own custom version of the open-source PACS application called Horos. They wanted to integrate it with cloud storage and was looking at AWS S3 for better scalability, flexibility, and security. The cloud storage should be like a drive in the local system where the documents can be downloaded and uploaded. They also want to notify when a new image is ready to view using WhatsApp for business.
Powerup helped Amaara Vectors design well-architected frameworks and migrate to AWS along with 2 months of initial support for testing and bug fixes.
Various Scan images will come to the Mac systems in each center to be viewed by the Horos Application.
2. Mountain Duck Mac agent will be running on the Mac OS. S3 buckets will be mounted as local volumes to the Mac OS.
3. Mountain Duck will be configured to sync all the data back to S3.
4. A script will be running on the Mac systems to delete any file which is not accessed in 15 days. The Specific time period to be a configurable option.
5. Powerupcloud will develop a small lightweight NodeJS agent which will keep the connection live with the Notification Server running on AWS.
6. An OpenVPN server will be running on AWS to establish a point-site VPN tunnel between the Mac and AWS for secure upload to AWS.
7. All files on S3 will be encrypted using KMS.
8. Once the File is uploaded to S3 two Lambda functions will be triggered. One Lambda calls the WhatsApp for Business API for WhatsApp notifications. Other Lambda function will trigger the NodeJS code to broadcast the notification to all the Mac systems belonging to the same center.
9. Illustration: ABC Diagnostics is an organization that has three Diagnostic Centers, at Rajajinagar, Chamarajapet, and HSR layout. A brain MRI scan is taken at Rajajinagar, and uploads to the Cloud automatically. The organization’s Brain MRI specialist at HSR gets a notification on his workstation (Mac) and on WhatsApp (Business). He then clicks on the “Rajajinagar” tab on his Horos application and diagnoses the image. This textual diagnosis is uploaded onto the cloud. The radiologist in Rajajinagar gets a notification about the uploaded diagnosis and downloads it. It is then verified and provided to the patient.
S3, Lambda, KMS, IAM.